Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Jeff Farr is Marrying Folks!

I've been asked to do a lot of things as far as weddings are concerned. I have been an usher, groomsman, best man, performer in the band(well, I wasn't asked to do so, but they liked it anyway), caterer and so on. But it wasn't until this past week that I received one of the greatest, and most nerve wracking, honors that has ever been bestowed upon me, performing the ceremony.

When Jessica and Damon first asked me to do their ceremony, I accepted without hesitation. It sounded like fun. I mean, I knew them as single people and had been there throughout their (unorthodox) courtship and through virtually every up and down that they had had. We all work together and so at times I see them together 30 hours a week so when I say I have been through it all with them, I mean it.

Performing a ceremony for two people that you care about and know so well should be easy, right? I mean, there are endless stories and tales I could tell of them and so many things to talk about that could tell the story of their love and journey together. I was incredibly wrong.

It was tough, probably because of the amount of stuff I had on both of them. It was hard to narrow it down to just what was necessary, and that was to put their love on display and encourage them to continue to be there for one another as husband and wife.

It's harder than you would ever think to give two people you love the most memorable day of their lives together. I poured over countless websites and through the annals of my mind for the right story and anecdote to say. There is just so much pressure.

Long story short, I'm not here to pat myself too hard on the back. The wedding was gorgeous and they were pleased with the ceremony I provided them which has made me so happy. I'm glad to have not let them down. Thank you Jess and Damon for allowing me to play such a part in your special day.









No comments:

Post a Comment